Please note, the following two events have been rescheduled due to the current situation regarding COVID-19.
- BAHF Speaker Series: The Lost Giants scheduled for February 16, 2021 has been rescheduled to September 21, 2021. Click here to view the event details.
- BAHF Speaker Series: Voices from the Attic scheduled for April 20, 2021 has been rescheduled to November 16, 2021. Click here to view the event details.
Please note, the Santa at the Log Cabin event scheduled for December 5, 2020 has been canceled due to the current situation regarding COVID-19.
Please note, the following three events have been canceled due to the current situation regarding COVID-19.
- BAHF Speaker Series: Voices in the Attic scheduled for September 15, 2020 is canceled
- Fort McIntosh Day Event with Demonstrations scheduled for September 19, 2020 is canceled
- 53rd Annual Charter Day Dinner scheduled for October 7, 2020 is canceled
Please note, the Cabin Fever Music Series event Cello Fury scheduled for July 17, 2020 has been postponed to Friday, August 14 at 7pm. This concert will be held outdoors in the Event Lawn. Chairs will be provided and seats will be assigned. For further information, please click here to view the event details.
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE 06/25/2020
Carrie Ondrusek, Marketing Director
Beaver Area Heritage Foundation
BEAVER AREA HERITAGE FOUNDATION RESPONDS TO COVID-19
Pandemic requires changes to annual events and operation policies
- Cabin Fever Music Series concert scheduled for June 26, 2020 is rescheduled for September 11, 2020
- Fort McIntosh Garrison Reenactment scheduled for June 27, 2020 is canceled
- Concert in the Park scheduled for July 5, 2020 will be rescheduled
- Annual Garrison Day Show & Sale scheduled for August 29, 2020 is canceled
- Beaver’s unique annual storytelling event Beaver Tales scheduled for September 18, 2020 is canceled
- Beaver Area Heritage Museum is enacting new policies to safely reopen on July 4, 2020
Beaver, PA: The Beaver Area Heritage Foundation announced today that in a proactive effort to minimize COVID-19 exposure, it will reschedule or cancel many of its upcoming events and implement new operation policies at the Beaver Area Heritage Museum.
“Words cannot describe how very appreciative we are for the support the community, vendors, and our sponsors have shown for these events,” said Beaver Area Heritage Foundation President Roberta Good. “After reviewing the recommendations of mass gatherings provided by national health experts, the paths forward to preserve the health of the community became clear.”
The schedule for the following events will be affected:
- The Cabin Fever Music Series concert scheduled for June 26, 2020 is rescheduled for September 11, 2020. The concert will be held on the Event Lawn so that social distancing can be practiced. Chairs will be in place and seat arrangements will be assigned.
- The Fort McIntosh Garrison Reenactment event scheduled for June 27, 2020 is canceled.
- The Concert in the Park event scheduled for July 5, 2020 will be rescheduled. Please follow the Beaver Area Heritage Foundation on Facebook at facebook.com/BeaverHeritage for further announcements about this event.
- The Annual Garrison Day Show & Sale scheduled for August 29, 2020 is canceled. The Beaver Area Heritage Foundation will be contacting the event’s vendors to discuss the refund of deposits.
- Beaver Tales, a unique story telling event that also consisted of performances in local elementary schools, was scheduled for September 18, 2020 but is now canceled. Next year’s scheduled date for this annual event is September 17, 2021.
“The Beaver Area Heritage Foundation is dedicated to providing safe and enjoyable ways to enrich our community. We are looking for additional opportunities to accomplish that over the next few weeks, including the Beaver Area Heritage Museum’s opening on July 4,” Good stated.
The Beaver Area Heritage Museum will begin its weekend operations starting on July 4, 2020. The museum will be open Saturdays from 11:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. To ensure its visitors’ safety, the Museum will limit its capacity, require visitors to wear masks, and close its public restrooms. The Museum will also be adhering to cleaning guidelines provided by health experts.
“We are looking forward to being able to continue our tradition of educating about the history of the Beaver Area,” Good said.
The Beaver Area Heritage Foundation has created a page on its website at www.beaverheritage.org to provide continual updates on any further developments related to its COVID-19 response.
About the Beaver Area Heritage Foundation
Founded five decades ago in 1967 in Beaver, PA, the Beaver Area Heritage Foundation has achieved local, statewide and national recognition for its dedication to the preservation and celebration of the people, places and events of Beaver’s rich history. Since its humble beginnings, the Heritage Foundation and its award-winning museum and Beaver Station have become an important force in the communities covered by its mission — Beaver Borough, Bridgewater, Brighton Township and Vanport in Beaver County. The Foundation’s goals are to “Preserve the Past” through our historical preservation and archival activities and “Enrich the Future” with our many year-round community activities. To become a Beaver Area Heritage Foundation member, please visit https://beaverheritage.org/membership.